BIND 9.7.6-P3 Release Notes
| Author: ISC Support Reference Number: AA-00790 Views: 2163 Created: 2012-09-11 23:57 Last Updated: 2012-09-11 23:59
0 Rating/ Voters
BIND 9.7.6-P3 is the latest production release of BIND 9.7.
This document summarizes changes from BIND 9.7.5 to BIND 9.7.6-P3. Please see the CHANGES file in the source code release for a complete list of all changes.
The latest versions of BIND 9 software can always be found on our web site at http://www.isc.org/downloads/all.
There you will find additional information about each release, source
code, and pre-compiled versions for Microsoft Windows operating systems.
Product support information is available on http://www.isc.org/support for
paid support options. Free support is provided by our user community
via a mailing list. Information on all public email lists is available
- Prevents a named assert (crash) when queried for a record whose RDATA exceeds 65535 bytes. [RT #30416]
- Prevents a named assert (crash) when validating caused by using "Bad cache" data before it has been initialized. [RT #30025]
condition has been corrected where improper handling of zero-length
RDATA could cause undesirable behavior, including termination of the
named process. [RT #29644]
- BIND now recognizes the TLSA resource record type, created to support IETF DANE (DNS-based Authentication of Named Entities) [RT #28989]
- Fixes the defect introduced by change #3314 that was causing failures
when saving stub zones to disk (resulting in excessive CPU usage in some
cases). [RT #29952]
locking strategy around the handling of iterative queries has been
tuned to reduce unnecessary contention in a multi-threaded environment.
(Note that this may not provide a measurable improvement over previous
versions of BIND, but it corrects the performance impact of change 3309 / RT #27995) [RT #29239]
a race condition that can cause named to to crash when the masters list
for a zone is updated via rndc reload/reconfig [RT #26732]
- Fixes a race condition in zone.c that can cause named to crash during the processing of rndc delzone [RT #29028]
- Prevents a named segfault from resolver.c due to procedure fctx_finddone() not being thread-safe. [RT #27995]
- Uses hmctx, not mctx when freeing rbtdb->heaps to avoid triggering an assertion when flushing cache data. [RT #28571]
- Resolves inconsistencies in locating DNSSEC keys where zone names contain characters that require special mappings [RT #28600]
new flag -R has been added to queryperf for running tests using
non-recursive queries. It also now builds correctly on MacOS version
10.7 (darwin) [RT #28565]
- Named no longer crashes if gssapi is enabled in named.conf but was not compiled into the binary [RT #28338]
- SDB now handles unexpected errors from back-end database drivers gracefully instead of exiting on an assert. [RT #28534]
you to everyone who assisted us in making this release possible. If you
would like to contribute to ISC to assist us in continuing to make
quality open source software, please visit our donations page at http://www.isc.org/supportisc.
© 2001-2014 Internet Systems Consortium